A1 School Year 2018 - 2019

In my words, WE Day is a day to remind the youth that we have a voice and we have the power to make a change. It’s a day to reinforce that we are all together and that together we can make a change. It's a reminder that we make the work and it's our world to change. It's important to have a day like WE day because sometimes the youth forget about the power we have to make a change. Some may get put down and not try again. Events like WE day remind the youth of our strong capability to make a change and that together anything is possible. My favorite speaker was Esera Tuaolo because he spoke about how it's never too late to be yourself but also to remember to be yourself and to do what you love. Don't be ashamed of who you are and always focus on being your best self.
                                                                                                                                                                                Liznanette Sanchez

WE Day is an unparalleled celebration of young people committed to making a difference. It is important having a WE Day event such as the one we experienced because it gives us the tools to create change in our local and global community. My favorite speaker was Sparsh Shah because he represented himself in front of a lot of people to show that your disabilities are not reasons for you to give up. 
                                                               Ashley Arias

Comments